Minimum security requirements on
operation distribution systems
of natural combustible gases
645. The operators of the distribution system, the specialized companies for regulating and putting into operation the gaseous fuel consuming appliances and the administrators of the dwelling buildings will provide the training of the tenants and their family members over 14 years, the owners of the houses and the dwellings with the Security Rules with on the use of gas.
646. The safety rules regarding the use of gases are set out in Annex no.3 to these requirements.
647. Primary briefing of city residents must be carried out in the technical cabinet of the distribution system operator in gaseous fuel consuming appliances or in training centers with appropriately equipped cabinets, according to programs approved by the Ministry of Economy.
648. The training of the tenants of the buildings after the capital repair and the inhabitants of the rural localities is admitted in the dwellings at the gas supply, in the technical cabinet of the distribution system operator in the gaseous fuel consuming appliances or in the training centers with appropriately equipped cabinets, according to appropriately approved programs.
649. The household consumers using gaseous fuel consuming appliances are to perform their technical service through the distribution system operator and / or the specialized company on the basis of a written request.
773. The technical servicing of gaseous fuel consuming appliances installed in blocks, dwellings, public and administrative buildings, social service enterprises in urban, rural areas downstream of the safety valve is carried out by specialized enterprises on a contractual basis.
774. The owner and / or the tenant of the dwelling must conclude a contract for the technical servicing of gaseous fuel consuming appliances with specialized enterprises.
Annex no. 3
to Minimum Safety Requirements
for the Operation of Natural Gas
Fuel Distribution Systems
SECURITY RULES ON THE USE OF GAS
1. Security rules on gas use are mandatory for the responsible persons of companies and organizations operating the housing stock responsible for the safe operation of the equipment, including appliances burning gas for gas in residential and public buildings , as well as for citizens who use domestic gas.
2. Responsible for the integrity and good condition of gaseous fuel consuming appliances are the enterprises at the balance of which they are located, and in the private owned houses and apartments they are the owners of them.
3. Responsibility for the harmless use of gas-consuming appliances and appliances in homes, apartments and their servicing is carried out by persons using gas.
4. The responsibility for the state of the smoke evacuation and ventilation channels in the residential houses is borne by the companies for the management and exploitation of the housing stock, and in the privately owned houses and apartments - their owners.
5. Enterprises management and operation of housing and other businesses possessing plant and equipment of domestic gas from herd managers and experts should be designated by order of persons responsible for the operation of air gases harmless.
6. Persons responsible, with the exception of owners of privately owned houses and apartments, shall undergo an examination in accordance with the Minimum Safety Requirements for the Operation of Natural Gas Fuel Distribution Systems.
7. Persons operating gas appliances and appliances are obliged:
1) listen to instruction in technical cabinets to the distribution system operators, or learn independently from the instruction (s) on the operation of gas appliances installed in apartments;
2) ensure the integrity and maintenance of the machine in its normal state of operation;
3) to maintain the normal operation of the gas equipment, flue gas and ventilation ducts, to check the draft before connection and during the operation of the gas appliances, with the evacuation of the combustion products in the exhaust duct. Before using the gas-fired stove, check whether the shaver is fully open. Periodically remove garbage, broken brick from the "pocket" of the exhaust duct;
4) to close the valves from the machines to them after using the gas, and in the case of installing the cylinders inside the kitchens - also to close the valves from the cylinders;
5) immediately shut off the gas burner faucets in the event of gas leakage and inform the SDIT of the distribution system operator or the enterprises performing these functions;
6) in case of smell sensing, to stop the operation of the gas installations immediately, to close the taps from the machine and up to them, to open the windows and oberlifts to ventilate the room, to call the SDIT;
7)not to fire, to smoke, not to connect / disconnect the electric lamps and appliances, not to use the electric bells;
8) when entering the basements and cellars, before lighting the light or igniting the fire, make sure that the smell of gas is missing;
9) if the smell of gas is detected in the basement, on the ladder, in the courtyard, on the street, you must:
a) to inform the SDIT;
b) take actions to evacuate the people from the contaminated area with gases, to prevent the connection / disconnection of the lamps and the electrical appliances, to exclude the appearance of open fire and the sparks;
c) until the intervention team arrives to organize the ventilation of the room;
10) to allow SDIT representatives to have access to the apartments, to present service cards, to examine and repair pipelines and gas installations - anytime.
8. Consumers shall be prohibited:
1) to carry out without authorization the gas supply of the house (apartment, villa), permutation, replacement and repair of the gas installations;
2) to plan the rooms where the gas installations are located;
3) to make changes to the construction of the gas equipment. Modify the construction of exhaust systems and ventilation. Fit the ventilation ducts, "pockets" and vent holes for cleaning the exhaust ducts;
4) to disconnect the automatic protection and adjustment system. Use gas in the event of equipment failure, automatic protection systems, armatures and gas cylinders;
5) to use gas in case of disintegration of masonry, plaster (cracks) in gas-fired stoves and flue gas outlet channels;
6) to use gases after the expiry of the act of checking and cleaning of the exhaust and ventilation ducts;
7) carry out the cleaning, checking of flue gas and ventilation ducts, as well as replacing cylinders of cylindrical installations without following the instruction (training) and receiving the permit from the respective undertaking;
8) using the gas installations in rooms with skylights, shutters grids, grids closed ventilation channels, cracks in the bathrooms and kitchen doors, in the absence of draft in the flue gas channels and ventilation;
9) leave uninterrupted gas installations in operation except those intended for uninterrupted operation, which have a suitable automatic system for that purpose;
10) to admit access to the use of pre-school children to gas appliances as well as to persons who do not control their actions and who do not know the rules of use of these appliances;
11) to tie ropes, cables to gas pipes, to put other materials under the charge of gas pipes;
12) to use gas and gas installations for purposes other than those envisaged. Use cookers to heat rooms;
13) to use rooms where there are gas installations for sleep and rest;
14) use open fire to detect gas leakage;
15) to store empty / filled cylinders with liquefied gases in rooms and basements;
16) to install more than 50 (55) l or two cylinders with a capacity of 22 liters each in the gas-fired room. The cylinders must be in the same room as the gas installations;
17) install gas cylinders in the gas-fired room at a distance of less than 1 m from the heater or stove. When installing a cylinder protection screen against heating, the distance between the cylinders and the heater may be reduced to 0.5 m and the distance between cylinder and screen - not less than 0.1 m;
18) place the cylinders in front of the stove outlets at a distance of less than 2 m;
19) to connect / disconnect electric lighting, use open fire, electric heaters and heating stoves when changing cylinders in rooms;
20) to change cylinders in the presence of persons who do not have an attribution to the execution of the indicated work.